Feb 20, 2007

More feedback from reliable sources

This one is from Harken's representative in Latvia
------

Dear yachtsmen,

Before expressing my opinion about so called Catri project, I have to present myself.

My name is Albert Rozin. I am a professional sailing coach, Executive Director of the Regate Company, official distributor of the Harken, North Sails, Tacktick, Spinlock, Nautix, Beneteau, Musto, Slam and many other marine equipment companies so well known to you. Besides that, the Regate Company is involved in designing and tuning of the racing yachts.

Up to now I thought it will not be correct to speak publicly about Catri. But I changed my mind yesterday, after Mr. Aldis Eglajs visited our company’s office to make the new order ... and expressed dissatisfaction about the Latvian Harken suppliers in our forum. It was made for the first time and in a very strange manner, although current order we are preparing for him was not cancelled.

But now about Catri.

1. All equipment for this project Aldis orders at our company without any explanations or project documentation.

2. All our requests to explain suspicious positions were declined.

3. In our opinion, it looks like:

3.1. Aldis has no real project of Catri, if by ‘project’ you mean a full technical documentation of a yacht design;

3.2. Aldis does not know how to design a real yacht and could not do it.

3.3. I am sorry to say, but all this looks like an attempt to take away money from credulous clients and unsuspecting boat builders.

3.4. Beware of this project. If you have not, I advise you to read ‘The Golden Calf’ and ‘Twelve Chairs’ - two books by Russian writers Ylf and Petrov.

Best regards & Happy sailing

Albert Rozin
HARKEN BALTIC

No comments: